Sunday, November 22, 2009

Blog #1: Is Chivalry Dead? Where's My Knight In Shining Armor?

***THIS ONE IS FOR THE LADIES*** (men feel free to comment)

Lately, I've noticed so many women around me are in search of that "Knight In Shining Armor." Is this man mythical or REALITY?! Is Chivalry REALLY DEAD?!

I honestly believe that it's not! I PROMISE YOU THAT! If I can manage to find a GENTLEMAN that loves being with his woman and attending to her needs and not worried what his boys think about it... I'm convinced EVERY deserving woman can find the same...

Just stay prayed up... DON'T GO SEARCHING, and ALLOW YOURSELF to be PURSUED... Don't get DESPERATE like so many women out there do! That's MISTAKE #1! NOT ALL MEN ARE PIGS... The good one's ARE OUT THERE :) Just be patient.

I'll be honest. After an awful relationship in my early 20s... I promised myself I WOULD NOT settle for less... while I did date and had "friends"... I said I would NEVER give my heart, until I knew that the man was worth giving it too...

IT TOOK SIX YEARS... but it was worth every second... in those six years of "me time." I learned a lot, matured, and was being molded into the woman that I needed to be for my soul mate...

My present relationship has not been perfect by ANY MEANS... ever couple has their hurtles and UPS and DOWNS... but even though those "little" bumps were frustrating, it's only brought us closer. It's different when you're in a disagreement with a total ASSHOLE that isn't the man you're destined to be with... versus the disagreement with the man that you know for a FACT is on YOUR TEAM...

Growth, Communication, Overcoming The Problems That Arise TOGETHER and Trust... Will lead you to the LOVE that most dream of...

Even the toughest and most independent woman wants to be loved and need companionship. Every woman has the instinct to want to experience TRUE LOVE... If you know someone who doesn't, I have a HARD time believing that...

It's OK to feel vulnerable and wanting someone there FOR YOU... we're human...

No one desires to live life ALONE.

He's out there...

I just want women to stay encouraged...

I was at my WITS END... feeling depressed when out of NO WHERE...

it happened...

and it happened when I finally stopped thinking about it.

But we as women have to realize we ARE NOT PERFECT... and the man you dream about is PROBABLY not the man that will ACTUALLY come along...

My significant other wasn't what I visualized growing up, as MY TYPE... but something made me relax and see him for what he was...

that ended up being MINE. :)

I'm thankful I had the insight to get my nose out of the air... sit my fast ass down and see what this MAN was about...

LADIES, we're not perfect princesses. Therefore don't expect your knight in shining armor to look flawless (we're not), have the perfect profession (we probably don't) & have the model life (I'm pretty sure ours isn't)...

Be careful who you REJECT because your KNIGHT IN SHINING ARMOR may have just walked out the door...

~JUST JEMIA :o)

4 comments:

  1. I love it Mia! Relationships are hard, but when TWO people are ready and willing the sky is the limit as to what they can achieve together! You have inspired me to get back on it! keep them coming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice blog Jemia!! As a single guy I dont think it is dead at all. I was raised as a gentleman and wont faulter in the way I treat women. However a lot of men have messed it up for us good ones. As a result of that we arent even given a chance before we are rejected. I think if people took time out to get to know people they would be suprised at what is truly inside. Yeah I am short but I got a lot to offer lol. Anyway this was just one man's opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simply Wonderful, I love it. My knight in shining armor came in the door on a garbage can lid. lol but god only knew what he had in store for me. therough all the trails and test, he taught what real love was and how to love. he taught me how to let go of yourself and connect, completely with someone else. As women we sometimes dont want to let go of our strong independence, but if we're willing, and willing to work hard at it we can find that true knight in shining armor. this is really a good blog. I cant wait to see whats next.

    Starnisha J

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that chivalry is NOT dead. I agree with Jason. A lot times women meet a guy and size him up sore to speak based off of past relationships (good or bad). This isn't fair to the guy. He might be a good guy,but you won't know that until you give him a chance....based on who HE is and not off of ANOTHER guy. You never know, your knight in shining armour might fall in your lap :-)

    ReplyDelete