Friday, December 11, 2009

BLOG #7: My PRINCESS Is FINALLY Here!!!

I woke up early this morning with a smile on my face... I had the same feeling that most little kids have when they wake up on Christmas morning. Pure excitement and the anticipation of the coming events of the day!

Today is the day that Disney's "The Princess & The Frog" will premiere in movie theaters all across the country. While it has been some years since Disney released an animated movie, there is something TRULY special about this one!

"Seventy-two years after Snow White first emerged on the silver screen, Disney's exclusive pantheon of fairytale royals is about to get another member to delight little girls around the world. For the first time in Disney's history, the magic kingdom is crowning an African American princess!"

While this may seem like no large feat to most, to someone like myself who has spent countless hours watching Disney movies and growing up going to Disney World on a regular basis, this day is HUGE! I grew up knowing the stories about beautiful Princesses named, Snow White, Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty, Princess Ariel (The Little Mermaid), Princess Belle (Beauty and the Beast), Princess Jasmine (Aladdin), Pocahontas & Mulan, but there was always one thing missing... a familiar face amongst the Disney Princesses that I could relate to...

Photobucket

Little "black" girls around the world NOW have a face they can look at and say, "Mommy, she looks like me!" What a great step for Disney to finally make this moment a reality! What a great addition to the Disney Princesses and another wonderful character for children, globally, to admire, no matter what "color" you may be!"

I am SO excited about seeing the movie tonight, and I hope that it's all that I have EVER dreamt of!

Welcome Princess Tiana!


~JUST JEMIA :o)


Photobucket
My first trip to Disney World, December 1985

Photobucket
Family pic (mom was taking the picture) at Disney World 1985

No comments:

Post a Comment