Tuesday, December 29, 2009

BLOG #8: AGING GRACEFULLY :)

***So, I CAN'T BELIEVE it's been 18 days since I last blogged... The holidays have kept me SO BUSY and my Christmas in ATL was GREAT! How was your Christmas holiday?!***

Well, this morning I woke up to a NEW age! Yep, today is my birthday and at 7:37 this morning, I am OFFICIALLY 28 YEARS OLD! Wow. Am I really 2 years from 30?! I can truly say that I am blessed and happy to see another year with my family, friends and of course the love of my life! I am looking forward to my dinner tonight, with family and friends, and then who knows what will happen after that!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!!

I guess in this post, I wanted to focus on AGE. What is AGE? Age is the length of time that a person has lived. Does your age define you, or is it "just a number?"

Honestly, while I may only be 28 years old today, I truly believe that your AGE is determined by your mind set and your outlook on life. In other words, "YOU ARE AS OLD AS YOU FEEL AND THINK..."

Have you ever met someone who looked 45, but was only 30 years old? Or a 70 year old that looked 50? The 30 year old has probably allowed the stresses of life to take over him and cause him mental and physical anguish. While the 70 year old may be healthy, active, positive and full of charisma! Aging is more of a mental state of mind than physical, in my opinion.

So don't allow worries, the negative things in life and hardships to wear you down. Push through those times and continue to keep an upbeat mentality. And those that are pessimistic, unenthusiastic about life or has a defeatist attitude, don't be surprised when you don't have people gloating over "how well you have aged!"

A healthy lifestyle and a positive disposition are the key factors to AGING GRACEFULLY... :)

Now more than ever you are as young as you feel. So stop acting your chronological age and enjoy life!

"Live your life and forget your age."


~JUST JEMIA :0) "The Birthday Girl!"

No comments:

Post a Comment